Thursday, September 6, 2018

PediaSuit Training at Amir’s Gym, KL

One of the intensive therapies joined by Giriesha when she was five was PediaSuit training in Amirs Gym, Kuala Lumpur. This was her first intensive therapy. She did for one whole month in November 2014. Everything happened like a magic & how we got to know & agreed to the training still vague in my mind . All I could remember  was the video from Amir’s Gym which stole my entire family’s heart & the next thing my hubby said, let’s go for this! https://www.facebook.com/amirs.gym
I took a whole month of unpaid leave, left to KL and stayed in my Sister In Law's house in KL. Ms. Laddoo was 1 year plus. With heavy heart, I had to leave both my kids to my mom and left to KL with Giriesha. Ms.Laddoo was unable to sit on her own that time. With one part of my brain full with worries about Ms.Laddoo’s progress and the other part of not knowing how well Giriesha would cope with the intensives, preparing her food with high protein diet and so on, I left with blurred vision.
There, my father in law helped me to take us to the gym and bring us back home. It usually takes about 30minutes to 45 minutes to reach.
Giriesha did well with the suit. The first and second week, I noticed Giriesha was coping well and enjoyed her intensive sessions. Of course with whimper and cry in between when the level of intensity was getting higher.  Her intensives were from 2-5pm, just nice after a heavy lunch, we would leave to the gym packed with any snack that I could prepare to give during break time. Usually after 5pm, she would continue her therapy in the pool with Madam Fezia or other therapists. Giriesha loves water. 
Third week, noticed Giriesha was crying more and whimpering, but well that was normal for kid to go through some downtime emotionally and with the level of activities got intensed. I too was emotionally a bit down that week. But you know what, we coped things up well and back to ourselves. At night, noticed Giriesha’s head drop seizure was also present frequently. I applied Frankincense that Madam Fezia gave me( I was all so new to essential oil world that time).
The level of professionalism, skill and dedication I found at Amir’s Gym is enormous. The most prominent difference that we saw in Giriesha that-her trunk and head control were significantly enhanced . Both her legs which we slightly curved in became straight and sturdy.  Giriesha’s focusing too has improved . Her seconds of sitting upright on the second week of training made me jumped with joy! 
After one whole month, we went back home and continued what I could, of course without a suit and more new therapies I started to read and explore for Giriesha. Some by my own, some were recommended by friends who are special need parents too.
Thank you to  Madam Fezia for illuminating many new things earlier in our therapy world e.g. placing child in right posture while resting, feeding, doing therapy, the importance of oral care, food choices, and many available therapies and most of all the quality of never give up and keep on trying and the Power and how far that we can go for our child with special needs as a mom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giriesha gets herself into sitting position!!❤❤

The much awaited moment. Somewhere in September 2019, my supergirl Giriesha who used to come up half way from lying position, currently ca...